I believe strength is for EVERY body, at every age.
Maybe for you, being strong means having the energy to keep up with your kids, or grandkids. Maybe it’s hauling in the big bag of dog food without hurting your back. Maybe it means being able to load up the kayak and spend a day on the water. Or maybe you’d like to get your first unassisted pull-up, or simply learn to move better, with less pain.
Why it matters to me:
After years battling asthma, being picked last in P.E. class, and throwing out my back vacuuming the living room, “strong” was not a word I’d have used to describe myself. My Dad’s battle with the degenerative disease ALS changed the way I viewed fitness. As I began to see strength as a gift worth pursuing, I made gradual changes that led me to better health. This inspired me to help others get stronger and healthier, too.
Education & Qualifications:
• NASM Certified Personal Trainer since 2015
• OS Certified Professional | Original Strength (2021)
• Kettlebell Instructor | StrongFirst Girya SFG1 (2020)
• Certified Nutrition Coach | Precision Nutrition Pn1 (2018)
• Certified Pre-& PostNatal Fitness Coach | GGS-CPPC (2017)
• Licensed Silver Sneakers Fitness Instructor (2017)
• Certified Distance-Running Coach | RRCA (2016)
More about me:
I’m mom to five kids (plus two rescued mutts), with three kids still under our roof and two more already giving us grandchildren. Several years ago we moved from our hometown near Atlanta area to a smaller home in a little town on the coast of North Carolina. I’m an introvert who needs quiet time but loves people, and I have a serious addiction to good books and hot tea. I enjoy kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding, and I volunteer each summer with our town’s sea turtle protection program.