I believe in developing strong and resilient bodies that allow us to put a whole lot of living in our years.
Maybe for you, strength means having the energy to keep up with your kids — or grandkids. Maybe it’s hauling in the BIG bag of dog food, or being able to load your own kayak and spend a day on the water. You might have specific training goals, or you simply want to learn to move better, with less pain.
I’ve helped my clients achieve some pretty cool things, including:
- their first pull-up
- new-found confidence in their bodies
- getting taken off medications due to weight loss and improved health
- learning to have fun with fitness for the first time in their lives.
I offer one-on-one personal training for local folks, or online coaching for clients anywhere. If you’re looking for a qualified coach who cares — and who, as a busy mom, knows firsthand the challenge of prioritizing your own fitness while having time and energy for the rest of life — then let’s chat about how I can help you do the same.
Education & Qualifications:
• NASM Certified Personal Trainer since 2015
• OS Certified Professional | Original Strength (2021)
• Kettlebell Instructor | StrongFirst Girya SFG1 (2020)
• Certified Nutrition Coach | Precision Nutrition Pn1 (2018)
• Certified Pre-& PostNatal Fitness Coach | GGS-CPPC (2017)
• Licensed Silver Sneakers Fitness Instructor (2017)
• Certified Distance-Running Coach | RRCA (2016)
More about me:
I’m mom to five kids (plus a rescued mutt), with three kids still under our roof and two more already giving us grandchildren! Several years ago we moved from our hometown near Atlanta area to a smaller home in a little town on the North Carolina coast. I’m an introvert who needs quiet time but loves people, and I have a serious addiction to good books and hot tea. I enjoy kayaking and paddleboarding, and I volunteer each summer with our town’s sea turtle protection program.
My own fitness journey:
I was the skinny asthmatic kid who avoided sports and was always picked last in P.E. class. By my 30’s, I’d throw out my back just vacuuming the living room. I was a busy, stressed-out mom who wasn’t prioritizing her own health. Long story short, I hit a wall before finally began making lifestyle changes that led me to feeling stronger both mentally and physically. These changes didn’t happen overnight but were dramatic enough to inspire me to help others do the same.